This article is part of our Draft Kit series.
The mind boggling thing about college basketball is the depth that it presents. You can have a good knowledge of the Tier 1 teams and get by in most fantasy college basketball leagues, but the true aficionado will dig a bit deeper and find many gems. We define Tier 2 to include American Athletic, A10, Conference USA, Mountain West, and WCC and the following list includes the top 150 players from these conferences.
Centers and freshmen are at a premium at this level, which is why I have put Bassey at the top of the list. He may not be quite as productive as the rest of the top ten. Relative to other freshman and centers, however, the 6-foot-10 Hllltopper should reign supreme. He is strong, agile and skilled. Plus, he should dominate in Conference USA play. If the league does not factor in freshmen or centers, then Bassey should fall to about 20 on this list.
1. Charles Bassey, freshman center, Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
2. Jon Elmore, guard, Marshall Thundering Herd
3. Justin James, guard, Wyoming Cowboys
4. Yoeli Childs, forward, BYU Cougars
5. Tacko Fall, center, Central Florida Knights
6. Kellen Grady, guard, Davidson Wildcats
7. Shakur Juiston, forward, UNLV Runnin' Rebels
8. Jalen Adams, guard, Connecticut Huskies
9. Luwane Pipkins, guard, Massachusetts Minutemen
10. Otis Livingston, guard, George Mason Patriots
11. Cortez Edwards, guard, Southern Miss Golden Eagles
12. Grant Golden, center, Richmond Spiders
13. Cody Martin, forward, Nevada Wolf Pack
14. Jordan Goodwin, guard, Saint Louis