This article is part of our Hidden Stat Line series.
The big development last week was an onslaught of injuries, including potential season-enders for Mike Evans (hamstring), Calvin Ridley (abdomen), DJ Chark Jr. (ankle), Alshon Jeffery (foot), Derrius Guice (knee) and Rashaad Penny (knee). The rapid disappearance of so many snaps, targets and carries freed up opportunities for lesser-known players, and many of those guys took advantage with breakout performances Week 15.
Here's a list of highlights to look out for in the game recaps below:
- Julian Edelman's balky knee creating an opportunity for Sanu and Harry?
- John Ross stuck in a limited role.
- Ty Johnson shows why he isn't trusted.
- The Kansas City backfield shuffle.
- Myles Gaskin showing no regard for famous social media personality Patrick Laird.
- Albert Wilson passing Allen Hurns for Miami's No. 2 WR job.
- Greg Ward comes through with both volume and heroics.
- Who is Steven Sims and why did he get 11 targets? (Rhetorical question.)
- The end of the Kyle Allen era?
- Kenyan Drake's workhorse role finally pays off.
- Hunter Henry, M.I.A.
- Tyler Higbee breaking records, naturally.
- Raheem Mostert holds the lead role for another week.
- James Conner looks healthy, handles lead role.